green granny smith apple
40g caster sugar
1 egg yolk
5 green apple peeled n dice
1/2tsp cinnamon powder
2tsb plain flour
150g plain flour
the filling in the making....
- to make crust, combine flour, sugar n salt. Rub in butter… add in egg yolk to form dough. Refrigerate
- to make filling, heat up frying pan to melt butter n sugar. Add in apple n raisin, stir fry until apple are tender. Add in cinammon powder n flour. Stir well n dish up. Leave to cool
- roll out dough and press into pie mould. Trim off the edge. Sppon in filling
- to make crumble, combine flour sugar n salt. Rub in butter until resembles bread crumbs. Sprinkle on top of the pie.
- bake on pre heated oven at 180 for 25 to 30 minutes or until cooked.
Note: I used cold cubed unsalted butter for my crust n also for my crumble. Work fast and if possible do not let ur butter melt while doing the rub in method. As for the filling… do not panic if ur sugar n butter harden after u add diced apples… keep on strring till its melt again.