Tuesday, February 24, 2015
Shrimp and carrot fritters
sini, mekasih ya mintak izin nak kongsikan kat sini lak...
220 gram flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
¼ tsp turmeric powder
70 gram shallots or onion - sliced thinly
60 gram carrot, finely shredded
1 red chili – removed seeds and chopped
4 spring onions – cut into ½” lengths
250g shrimps, shelled and de-veined – roughly chopped
Ingredients for the Chili Sauce
8 fresh red chilies - sliced
4 cloves garlic, sliced
1 1/2 Tbsp sugar
3 Tbsp white vinegar
3 Tbsp tomato ketchup
4 Tbsp water
(kak rose tak buat, cicah dengan cili sos ready made jer!)
1. Sift flour, baking powder, and salt into a mixing bowl. Add the shallots, carrot, green onions and shrimps. Stir in water and mix well.
2. Heat the oil in a wok or shallow pan over medium heat. Test by placing a small drop of batter into the oil - if it sizzles, the oil is ready.
3. Drop tablespoonful of batter into the oil, leaving at least 1cm of space between them. Fry until lightly puffed and golden brown on both sides. Drain well in on paper towels. Fry fritters in batches until all the batter is used up.
4. Meanwhile, prepare the chili sauce. Put all the ingredients into a blender or a food processor and blend finely. Transfer into a small bowl.
5. Serve the fritters hot or warm, accompanied with chili sauce