Lanai Kijang

Lanai Kijang

Saturday, February 15, 2020

Song for a stormy night

I whisper this prayer for you....


Song for a Stormy Night
The rain beats hard at my window,
While you, so softly do sleep;
And you can't hear the cold wind blow,
You are sleeping so deep
Outside it's dark, the moon hiding,
By starlight only I see,
The host of the night-time go riding,
But you are safe here with me.
So, while the world out there is sleeping,
And everyone wrapped up so tight,
Oh, I am a vigil here keeping,
On this stormy night;
I promised I always would love you,
If skies would be grey or be blue,
I whisper this prayer now above you,
That there will always be you.
Sometimes, we're just like the weather,
Changing by day after day
As long as we'll be together,
Storms will pass away.
I said I would guard and protect you.
Keep you free from all harm;
And if life should ever reject you,
That love would weather each storm.

No comments: