- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoon pumpkin spice (kak rose tak de, so omit yg ni)
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cold
- 1/4 cup canned pumpkin puree (kak rose rebus labu dan mash halus)
- 1/3 cup heavy cream (substitute dengan santan pekat)
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin spice
- 1-2 tablespoons heavy cream
For the glaze:
- Preheat the oven to 400. (200℃)
- In a medium bowl, stir together the flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin spice.
- Dice the butter and add it to the flour mixture. Work the butter into the flour mixture until it's evenly distributed and smaller than peas. Use two knives, a pastry cutter, or your hands.
- Next, add the pumpkin and heavy cream in a small bowl and whisk together. Pour this on the flour mixture and stir until....
- a shaggy dough forms. Don't overmix, but incorporate things well.
- Scoop the dough out, place it on the baking sheet, and use the warmth of your hands to make it stick together into a circle.
- Shape the dough into a disc 5" in diameter.
- Slice the dough circle into 4 even pieces. Brush each piece with extra heavy cream.
- Bake for 16-19 minutes, until a toothpick inserted comes out clean and the scones are lightly brown on the edges.
- While the scones bake, whisk together the glaze ingredients. Pour on the scones when they come out of the oven. Serve immediately.